The METQ conveyor systems are all in-house designed with the latest design software and manufactured to suit every application standard or customs.
METQ manufactures both orifice gravity distributors (flow controlled by an orifice to suit specific conditions) and slotted gravity distributors (flow controlled through a vertical slot). Any pressurised distributors can be built to the specification of the customer.
Even distribution of pulp to the spirals is very important. Different methods are used to achieve even distribution:
- Orifice type: The flow in the orifice type distributor is controlled by the removable orifice in the distributor outlet. The orifice size can be changed to accommodate different conditions.
- Slotted type: In this case, the flow is controlled through vertical slots in the outlet pipes.
- Pressure type: Pressure distributors with any number of outlets can be supplied to any specific application.
A Flapper Valve, also known as a “fishtail”, is an addition to a cyclone for mainly dewatering purposes.
Hydrocyclones play an integral part in the separation of many minerals in the South African mining industry today. METQ prides itself on being able to offer its customrs hydrocyclones of excellent quality at competative prices. Ongoing research and development ensures that the products on offer incorporate the latest in design technology, quality and service.
These cyclones are efficient due to an innovative scroll inlet head resulting in:
- Higher capacity
- Improved cut points
- Less turbulence
- Reduced wear
The shells are manufactured from reinforced polyester with a 15mm polyurethane lining to reduce the weight as much as possible without forfeiting quality.
Smooth Flowing Action
Each section is spigotted together resulting in correct alignment and combined with the smooth/low co-efficient of friction of the lining. An improved performance is thus ensured.
High Strength Corrosion Free Casing
The non-corrosive GRP casing is non-dentable. This ensures that its inside shape is retained, which maintains constant efficiency.
METQ's Hydrosizer is a standard range from 750mm up to 2500mm. Custom size hydrosizers can also be designed and manufactured. The hydrosizers can either be rubber lined or polyurethane sprayed.
All hydrosizers have a Plexiglass window for observation and an outlet valve.
Flow meters and additional valves can also be supplied.
Lab Shaking Table
METQ manufactures lab size shaking tables for the industry’s test work. The tables are highly adjustable. The stroke, frequency, and angles can be easily adjusted.
Launders are all custom-designed and build to customers’ needs. METQ offers launders of different widths. All depends on the amount of the refined product.
METQ designs and manufactures solid, split and fiberglass launders. All steel launders are made of 2mm steel plate and lined with 6mm rubber. Fiberglass launders are all polyurethane sprayed on the inside through a reverse lamination process.
A large range of spiral models with different profiles, pitches, lengths, and accessories to suit specific applications are available. This range is constantly being expanded as new models are being developed. This improves recovery and efficiency. Spiral banks are supplied complete with the necessary frames, distributors, plumbing and other accessories. All are built in-house.
The spiral is a low-cost gravity separator designed to treat pulp with a mineral or coal content in the 1 - 50% range by weight.
Different models with 1, 2 or 3 helixes per column and with any number of turns per helix are available, depending on the specific application. Test facilities are available to establish design criteria.
Trial units can be provided subject to availability.
- Gold - aluvial or free
- Mineral sands - rutile, zircon, ilmenite
- Silica sand
- Carbon - chips or slime
- Soil cleaning
Turnkey Spiral Plant
METQ designs and manufactures complete spiral plants and commission them on site.
The complete plants include test facilities (pilot plants). This entails the following:
- Testing of the samples at our test facility (pilot plant)
- Analysis of the product through an independent laboratory
- Creating a mass balance
- Design the plant layout
- Manufacturing the spirals
- Manufacturing the steel structure and associated steel works
- Erecting steel structure and installing equipment (spirals, pumps and sumps, cyclones, conveyors, piping, electricity, etc.)
- Commissioning of the whole plant up to hand over.
Spiral Plant: Mobile
Mobile spiral plants are built on a trailer chassis, which can easily be moved from one site to another.
- Different small ore deposits or dump can be treated.
- Quick breaking up to fall within the road ordinance for transport.
- Quick assembly on new site.
- All the features of a static spiral plant.
- No expensive structures are needed.
- Capacity up to 80 tons per hour feed.
Spiral Plant: Test
METQ has its own spiral test plant on site for pilot scale testing work of minerals and coal as well as for new development on spirals.